Parr Automotive offers Made-in-America steering columns from:
- Flaming River
- Billet Specialties
- Mullin's Steering Gears
- Borgeson Universal
Here you will find:
- Tilt steering columns for floor shift
- Tilt columns with column shifter
- Tilt steering columns with keyed ignition
- Old School Cut-to-Length steering columns
- Chrome and polished steering columns
- Paintable steering columns
- Universal steering columns
- Vehicle specific steering columns
- Steering column drops, mounts, and accessories
Recently, reports have surfaced about quality concerns and failures of aftermarket steering columns manufactured in Asian countries – particularly China. The reports describe failures caused by poorly designed tilt mechanisms which are not “fail-safe” by design. Some of these failures have actually caused complete loss of steering control.
We wanted to bring this to your attention because here at Parr Automotive’ we only sell high quality parts that we would use in our own vehicles. When these columns came to the US market several years ago, we evaluated them and decided not to sell them. To date, we have only sold steering columns that are made in America from quality materials that employ fail-safe design features.
If you would like a list of the reported poor quality columns, read the full article and accompanying LVVTA technical report which investigated the problem.
Below you will find only American manufactured steering columns that Parr Automotive sells.